May has been a brilliant month, full of festivities and festivals. I’ve seen Simon Price interview Viv Albertine, Alex Bellos talk Maths, AC Grayling chat Religion and Humanism, and Modern Poetry in Translation. (Not to mention the events I’ve yet to write up.)
In other news, I was meant to post my Oxfam book haul from April this month and I didn’t, obviously. Now I’ll need to merge it with another book haul post, Oxfam trapped me with its bookey goodness once again.
Clothes Clothes Clothes, Music Music Music, Boys Boys Boys by Viv Albertine
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Being Binky by Binky Felstead (my MIC addiction knows no bounds, embarrassing as that is)
- Lost For Words by Edward St. Aubyn
- The Amber Fury by Natalie Haynes
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Poetry: ‘Hope’ is the thing with feathers by Emily Dickinson
Poetry: The Tyger by William Blake
Poetry: Moonlight, summer moonlight by Emily Brontë
Poetry: i am accused of tending to the past by Lucille Clifton
In other news:
How was your May?