So, I’ve changed the layout again (which I really need to stop doing if I want people to recognise my blog). My only defence is that I have reverted back to an old layout circa one year ago.
July has mostly been a month of, ‘dear lord I am going to die in this heat’ with smatterings of, ‘I LOVE RAIN’. Brighton is beautiful in a storm (a statement I expect to retract come Winter). The highlight of my month, however, was going to see Caitlin Moran live. The woman is awesome.
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran
- The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery
- Our Spoons Came from Woolworths by Barbara Comyns
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- The Magic Toyshop by Angela Carter
- Levels of Life by Julian Barnes
In other news:
August is Edinburgh Book Festival month! – George R.R. Martin will be there (and I wont, sad times).
How was your July?