Due to a rather uneventful March I appear to have forgotten to do any sort of Literary Life for it. Time passed monotonously, with the exception of the Daunt Books Festival, so you’ve not missed out.
I’ve always been a bit annoyed with April, that in between month where everything changes but nothing really happens. It’s a set up month, like June or November.
Yet this April has been predominately lovely. I’ve read a lot of (good) books and just generally felt a bit more like myself.
Ruby by Cynthia Bond
Many, but I’ve given them to charity so I can’t remember what they are.
- The Thirty-Nine Steps – John Buchan
- Moranifesto – Caitlin Moran
- Hausfrau – Jill Alexander Essbaum
- Everything I Never Told You – Celeste Ng
- The Portable Veblen – Elizabeth Mckenzie
- The Green Road – Anne Enright
- The Snow Queen – Hans Christian Anderson
- Embers – Sándor Márai
- The Girls – Emma Cline
- Esther’s Inheritance – Sándor Márai