Since my book-binge, at the end of December, I’ve found a desire to read return or at least balance with the need to switch off my mind. I’ve finished the last of Sarah Moss’ fiction I had left to read (and now I’m mildly bereft) and the Emily Next series by L. M. Montgomery (which I adored).
I got two extra ear piercings in my left ear lobe, bring the count to 8 ear piercings now. Some do adventures, some dye their hair, some do tattoos, I pierce my ears when I feel a strong desire for change.
Next step, move out.
The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
- Take Courage: Anne Bronte and the Art of Life – Samantha Ellis
- Dune – Frank Herbert
- Signs for Lost Children – Sarah Moss
- Emily Climbs – L. M. Montgomery
- Emily’s Quest – L. M. Montgomery
- Stay With Me – Ayobami Adebayo
- Idaho – Emily Ruskovich
Hard to pick a favourite from this lot, each one made me feel different in an incomparable way.