Happy World Book Day!
Are you doing anything fun in celebration? Stephanie has created a World Book Day tag for you to have fun with (she’ll also be dressing up, which I think is particularly cool.)
Personally, I have no plans other than to read – maybe I will even go so far as finish a book. Ooh la la.
In other news: farewell February, we didn’t really get on and you were rather wet.
The Mitfords, Letters Between Six Sisters – edited by Charlotte Mosley
Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
The Beginning of Spring by Penelope Fitzgerald
Not many books read this month, I had trouble getting into anything.
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
- Letters of Note: Correspondence Deserving of a Wider Audience by Shaun Usher
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Mrs. Hemingway by Naomi Wood
- Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick
- The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
In other news:
Don’t miss the Daunt Book Festival on 27th & 28th March, at Daunt’s Marylebone shop in London.
Practical Magic was my pick for February’s I Could Never Do That book club – spoiler alert, I didn’t love it. We’ll be reading Is Everybody Hanging Our Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling in March
How was your February?