My copy of Landline by Rainbow Rowell and How to Built a Girl by Caitlin Moran have arrived on my Kindle today. I’m not usually one for YA, but right now I have reverted to fifteen year old Alice (pre-discovery of misery and rock-opera) and I am incredibly excited. Happy publication day to them!
My friends at work got me this, which officially makes them them best people to work with ever! The ‘Do Not Contact’ is a long story, and surprisingly is not to do with my temperament.
I hit the 50 books read mark this month, I don’t think I’ve ever read this much in the first six month of year before.
The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Girl Seven by Hanna Jameson
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- They Do It with Mirrors by Agatha Christie
- All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- Precious Thing by Colette McBeth
In other news:
Going to Latitude? They have a Literary Arena. Laura Bates, Naomi Wood, Jon Ronson and Shami Chakrabarti are a few of the people attending.
The Port Eliot Festival is also on – Viv Albertine will be there!
How was your June?