July has been a month of many a book, not only did I splurge at The Book People – I got an incredible amount of books for £30 – but I also bought a few extras with some birthday money.
The Book People
- Barbara Comyns series: Our Spoons Came from Woolworths, Sisters by a River, and The Vet’s Daughter
- Elizabeth Taylor series (not the actress): Angel, A View of the Harbour, and Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont
- P. G. Woodhouse, the Blanding series
- Collection of Penguin books on Love, raging from: Giovanni’s Room to Doomed Love by Virgil – with a little bit of Freud thrown in.
For some reason I assumed the Woodhouse would be about Bertie Wooster, alas I was mistaken. Does anyone have an opinion on the Blanding stories?
- Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery – I LOVED this book, it will remain a lifetime favourite. I think I may be Valancy.
- Cider With Rosie by Laurie Lee
- Cold Comfort Farm by – I’ve already given up on this one, it’s not for me.
- The Little Friend by Donna Tartt – I’ve read all her other two books, time to read this – not quite adored – second novel.
Lastly, my friend Calum got me this beautiful little book, it makes me happy just looking at it (and oddly relaxed).