In the absence of any desire to write any reviews, here is an (extremely sub par) haiku.
I can’t write my blog
but it could be worse
My reading block has gone, yay
Bring on the glorious, glorious cold. I don’t own a disgusting amount of jumpers for fun.
Devotion by Patti Smith
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
- One of Us Is Lying – Karen McManus
- The Haunted Hotel – Wilkie Collins
- Someone Else’s Skin – Sarah Hilary
- Shadow and Bone – Leigh Bardugo
- Royal Assassin – Robin Hobb
- The Roanoke Girls – Amy Engel
- The Limehouse Golem – Peter Ackroyd
- The Wonder – Emma Donoghue
- Elmet – Fiona Mozley
- History of Wolves – Emily Fridlund
- New People – Danzy Senna
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Truman Capote
- Lincoln in the Bardo – George Saunders
Nothing will ever be as good as Elmet, life has peaked.